Friday, January 28, 2011

Everyone Has a Different Gift

A middle-aged Caucasian woman, a teacher by profession, called me about her son who was trained in mountain sports and belonged to a team.  The training was so strict that her son had become exhausted and was unable to recover his energy.  The son, however, could only feel the disgrace of defeat, and refused to accept his situation. He kept thinking he was able-bodied.  The mother hoped I could help her boy.
 
The young man came in with a bitter look on his face and was somewhat unwilling to talk.  As the examination began, I asked him a question, “Have you ever seen a Chinese senator?”  He answered, “Why do you ask this question?”  I said, “It won’t hurt you to answer me, will it?”  He responded in a low voice, “No.”  I said, “I have seen a black man break the world record in track and field.”  He answered in a very low voice, “Yes, I‘ve seen that too.”  I asked, “Have you seen a black man break the record in swimming?”  He shook his head to indicate “No.”  Then I continued, “Everybody has their own gift and different body constitutions. Also they need to make themselves suitable for society.”  He responded to me with impatience:  “How come you have so many questions and so many stories?”  His mother became anxious, and worried about the success of treatment.  I raised my voice a few levels higher and said, “Although you don’t see a Chinese senator, you can see many Chinese engineers take charge.  Although you don’t see a black man win the world championship in swimming, you can see a black man break the world record in running.  Probably your body was not born to be a sportsman, but you could be a champion in another field, and maybe even be in a top position one day.”  He sighed, then said, “Hmmm, o.k! Now I understand.”  I raised my voice again, “Let me treat you right away.”

Spiritually better, the blockage removed, I just simply tonified his body.  He began getting stronger and stronger as no longer over-exerted himself in sports.  Finally, his body went back to normal, and sports became a pleasure, not a pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment