Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Back Pain of Non-Mechanism

A very busy stockbroker came in for treatment, saying aloud, “My wife told me to see you.” (Meaning that it was not his intention to have treatment because his schedule was too tight.)  I asked him, “Sir, what can I do for you today?”  He said, “You tell me.”  I replied, “I know what you mean, you want to test my skill.  Some of my patients are like this; not long ago two teachers did just that to me.”
 
I looked at his tongue and took his pulse. I began to talk to him, and he suddenly interrupted me: “My leg and back feel about the same.”  I said, “ Excuse me, let me take a look at your chart.”  I said, “According to your chart, you did get some improvement.”  He replied, “I did not mean NO improvement.”  During the treatment, he mentioned two of his colleagues had died, and he was under tremendous pressure and stress. His wife worried about his health.  He also told me that he had seen a medical professor who was already certain that his back was o.k.  His medical professor told him that because he worked so hard, his back did not get enough energy to support it.  I applauded and said, “That’s a good diagnosis which is why I am going to make your body stronger and reinforce your back.”  His wife was my patient too.  She used to argue with me very often, but after I treated her problem, she was very often grateful to me.

The man managed to come in a few more times.  His wife called, telling me her husband would come for more treatments to prevent something bad from happening, but he did not have time; his schedule was too tight.  This is a normal occurrence in my practice.  I am able to help my patients only when they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment