Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Flu That Lasted for Several Years

A young Italian lady came in for a treatment.  Her complaint was that she was tired from having shoulder and back pain.  As I prepared to do an examination, I turned the heater on for awhile.  She said, “It is too warm for me!”  I turned the heater off, and a little while later she said, “It is too cold, can you please turn on the heat?”  
 
As I was taking her pulse, it began to tell me many things.  “Do you have a bitter mouth?” I asked.  “Yes,” she replied.  I added, “Is your throat dry?”  She again answered, “Yes.”  I said, “I am almost certain what is wrong with you.  I don’t know if you feel dizzy or not, but either way, my diagnosis would be the same.”  She said, “Dr. Ng, don’t scare me!  Tell me what is wrong.”  I said, “It is the flu.  In fact, it is a flu that you have been carrying for several years.”  She yelled, “No kidding!”  I told her it is a flu which resides between the outer and inner part of the body, that is, in the superficial area.

After I treated her a few times, her symptoms went away because the major problem settled down.  She began to conserve energy, and with acupuncture and cupping the back and shoulder pain got better.

No comments:

Post a Comment